Beantown is seeking applicants for the vacant head coach position in advance of the spring 2021 Women’s Premier League season. See full job description and application instructions below, or visit https://beantownrugby.com/apply directly.
Position Title: Beantown Head Rugby Coach
Location: Boston, MA
Beantown Rugby Football Club was founded in the Fall of 1976 and quickly established
itself as one of the nation’s preeminent women’s rugby teams. After 6 National Championship titles, Beantown became a founding member of the Women’s Premier League (WPL). A few years later, the club moved back to Division 1 to further develop and grow, resulting in numerous playoff appearances. Beantown returned to the Women’s Premier League in time for the Fall 2017 season, finishing second in the East Coast Conference and fourth in the Championship Division. Beantown looks forward to not only meeting, but exceeding our WPL placement in the upcoming seasons.
Practices are every Tuesday and Thursday evening from late August to early November
in the Fall, and mid-February to late June in the Spring. Regular season matches take place in the Spring across the US, with an additional 3-5 matches a year requiring further travel to
destinations across the US and Canada for playoffs and/or additional competition.
Beantown has an immediate opening for the position of Head Coach. Our club is seeking to fill this position with an individual who shares our values of commitment and dedication to our team and the sport of rugby.
The Head Coach is responsible for organizing and executing practice and game plans
as well as necessary game day preparation. Additionally, Beantown has regularly fielded a
developmental B-side competing against regional teams in both the Fall and Spring seasons.
The continued integration of our WPL and B-side players remains an important aspect of our club, therefore, management and attention to larger numbers is ideal.
The position requires the ability to communicate, motivate, and manage team dynamics
effectively. All match travel costs will be reimbursed by Beantown, and there is a modest
annual stipend made in two installments. The club is unable to support a foreign visa at this
– Provide the club with weekly practice plans and provide match day coaching
– Lead practice twice a week and attend all matches
– Coordinate efforts with the coach(es) and captains to ensure all players attending
practice are provided adequate levels of instruction and feedback as well as attentive
match leadership on game days
– Provide draft practice and game plans to other coaches should you be unavailable on a
– Be available to athletes for individual feedback upon players request (via email and in
– USA Rugby Level 200 Coaching Certification
– Demonstrated coaching 30+ players experience at the collegiate, club, or professional
– Strong verbal communication skills
– Knowledge and understanding of fundamental laws of the game, concepts of play, and
– Represent Beantown in a manner that will promote respect for the club at all levels
– Ability to attend 2 practices a week and weekly matches on Saturday and/or Sundays
– Ability, understanding & commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates diversity, equity
– USA Rugby Level 300 Coaching Certification
– Demonstrated significant and measurable coaching experience at the collegiate, club, or
Please send a resume including certifications and trainings to email@example.com with the subject line “Head Coach Application_Full Name”.