The United State Military Academy (aka “Army West Point”) is vetting applicants for the Women’s Army Rugby (WAR) Assistant Coach position. Located in West Point, N.Y., WAR is a Division I program in the National Intercollegiate Rugby Association, the league for NCAA women’s varsity teams, and has featured in three DI national championships since the competition’s inception in 2015.
The assistant coach reports directly to Women’s Army Rugby Head Coach Bill LeClerc. This position is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the WAR program, to include:
– Upholding the teams code of conduct
– Team Culture development
– Monitoring cadet athletes academic progress
– Overseeing the discipline and conduct of the cadet athletes
– All general coaching, Recruiting of scholar athletes
– Active participation in the W.A.R. Camps and Clinics and all their operational duties
– Team scheduling and managing travel
– The program’s annual budget and active participation in fundraising for the program
To view the full job description and requirements, and to apply for the position, visit the original job positing here.