NSCRO Women’s Commissioner Bryn Chivers with reigning 7s champ Wayne State.
The 2016 NSCRO Women’s 7s National Championship will be held April 30 – May 1, 2016, at the Rugby Athletic Center in Charlotte, N.C.
The increase in the number of NSCRO women’s teams and the growth of 7s among the small college women’s programs has resulted in the championship expanding from eight teams in 2015 to 12 teams in 2016.
Winners of the qualifying tournaments (see below) will advance to the National Championship with the remaining spots to be filled with at-large bids. Teams wishing to be considered for an at-large bid must complete the online application form by noon on April 17, 2016.
Small college programs not currently in NSCRO but looking to join NSCRO next fall are encouraged to apply for an at-large bid.
To apply for an at-large bid, download the application here.
Conferences wishing to host a 7s qualifying tournament leading to the 2016 NSCRO Women 7s National Championship should contact Bryn Chivers, NSCRO Commissioner of Women’s Rugby, at email@example.com or 773-308-4540.
2016 NSCRO Women’s 7s Qualifiers
April 2, 2016
• Centerville, S.D. Contact Bryn Chivers, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ohio Wesleyan (Delaware, Ohio). Contact Marc Ferguson, email@example.com
April 3, 2016
• Regis University (Denver, Colo.). Contact Mike Windle, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Madison, Wisc. Contact Gray Zischke, email@example.com
April 9, 2016
Allegheny RU (location TBA). Contact Kiyomi Knox, K.M.Knox@eagle.clarion.edu
April 16, 2016
• Franklin & Marshall College (Lancaster, Pa.). Contact Scott Stratton, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rochester, Minn. Contact Jeff Noe, Jeff.Noe@constellation.com
April 23, 2016
• Lord Fairfax Community College (Middletown, Va.). Contact Aaron Painter, APainter2@lfcc.edu