USA Rugby is accepting applications for senior manager in the high performance communications department. It’s a full-time, salaried ($60,000/yr. + benefits) position based out of the national office in Denver, Colo. in See the original job posting and application instructions here.
Job Title: Senior Manager, High Performance Communications
Employer: USA Rugby
Job Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Head of Marketing & Communications
USA Rugby Mission:
To unite an inclusive, passionate American rugby community and ignite sustainable development that grows a game reflective of our core values and history.
USA Rugby Values: Passion, Leadership, Accountability, Transparency, Integrity
The Senior Manager of High Performance Communications is an lead position within USA Rugby, providing an opportunity to work directly with the USA Eagles National Teams across the Rugby World Cup and Olympic Games. This role develops and executes content and communications of elite level rugby across the United States. This includes the Men’s and Women’s National Teams on the Sevens and 15s side, Junior National Teams, Major League Rugby, Women’s Premier League and Premier Rugby Sevens. This role is also responsible for supporting commercial and partner deliverables with USA Rugby National Teams, along with strategy of communications during the 2024 Paris Olympic Games and Rugby World Cup. Additionally, the Senior Manager is tasked with the responsibility of building awareness for the USA Rugby National Team through strong media relationships, as well as producing and writing the communications for all national team related competitions, events and general news. This role is based out of the USA Rugby National Office in Denver, CO.
Essential Job Functions:
• Creates original written content for publication on USA Rugby digital properties and additional USA Rugby related fields, including but not limited to press releases, feature stories, match previews, match reports, news, updates and copywriting.
• The above deliverables pertain to Men’s and Women’s 15s, Sevens, Junior National Teams, along with acting as a communications liaison for Major League Rugby, the Women’s Premier League and Premier Rugby Sevens.
• Manages the social media messaging and content on USA Rugby channels for all Men’s and Women’s High Performance teams and competitions.
• Develop and execute a communications strategy driving media and fan engagement surrounding major quadrennial events including the Olympic Games, Rugby World Cup and the Rugby World Cup Sevens.
• Be central point of contact for media inquires and outreach with USA Rugby National Teams and events.
• Be central point of contact with World Rugby and the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC)
• Manage social media engagement and responsiveness to USA Rugby community.
• Liaises with High Performance coaches, team managers and players for roster releases and post-match coverage.
• Travel to select domestic and international High Performance events and lead communications operations on site. Including press accreditation, press conferences, broadcast support, social media content and photography deliverables.
• Provide quality, equitable and engaging communications across all divisions and competitions of High Performance rugby.
• Continually provide improved content across all National Teams with the goal of increasing fan engagement and loyal fan followings.
• Be a capable and trusted resource for all National Teams and USA Rugby management in regard to communication, content and media operations.
• Graphic, video and content support
• Communications intern
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, familiar with AP style guide.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premier) video editing and web management.
• Familiarity with the sport of rugby, preferably on elite level.
• Ability to manage deliverables and expectations from elite level coaches and athletes.
• Experience writing engaging and effect copy on social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Journalism or Communications
• 2-3 years of experience in digital content production in a sports-related field.
• Willingness to travel and work weekends
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Experience as a rugby player and/or coach
Compensation and Benefits:
Medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), unlimited yearly PTO.